Reply To: The Precious Life and Rambles of Liz Tattler

Forums Yurara Fameliki’s Stories The Precious Life and Rambles of Liz Tattler Reply To: The Precious Life and Rambles of Liz Tattler

ÉricÉric
Keymaster

Finnley’s tirade stirred something in Godfrey.

He may not have completely given voice of the thought in his head, but it made him realize that the thought of quitting for something different had been here all along.
    He liked Elizabeth well enough. To be honest, such caring for an ungrateful and volatile lady was borderline devotion, but still, it wasn’t about that.

I wanted to change the world, and Elizabeth vision of greatness and madness alike was, for a time, something he could fall in line behind and support with passion.

Through visionary books, to open the minds of the pleb to the realms of possibilities, ah! no matter how deliciously delirious and quaint such possibilities seemed. That was a grand epic in budding.

And then, after so many years of relentless editing, copy-writing, and of course maid after maid interviews, all there was left? Unbridled madness and tyranny from the well of grandiose ideas that Elizabeth had been, and to some extent still, was.

In fact, Godfrey had stifled his own creativity by falling in line behind the writing giantess. There were timid attempts at writing his own story, and only piles of old notebook to account for it.

Purpose, Truth, Action those were the magic words…

“Oh, bugger it Liz’. I quit.”

How’s that for action? Another thread would do me good. Like to see what life’s brewing on Mars.